Table of Contents
Frayne, Douglas R.
Frayne, Douglas Ralph
20 April 1951 - 19 December 2017
The Royal Inscriptions of Mesopotamia volumes:
- Presargonic Period (2700–2350 BC).[RIME 1] Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 2008.
- Ur III Period (2112-2004 BC). [RIME 3/2] Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 1997.
- Old Babylonian Period (2003-1595 BC). [RIME 4] Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 1990.
- Sargonic and Gutian Periods. [RIME 2] Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 1993.
FRAYNE, Douglas Ralph On December 19, 2017, Doug passed away suddenly, at home, aged 66 years. Doug is survived by his sisters June Anne Frayne and Jeanne (Pete) Hill and was predeceased by his parents Ralph and Beulah (Honsberger) Frayne. In 1981, Doug was awarded his PhD in Near Eastern Languages and Literatures from Yale University. Since 1980 he worked as a Professor for the University of Toronto's Department of Near and Middle Eastern Civilizations, until 2006 as Researcher and Editor on the Royal Inscriptions of Mesopotamia Project and subsequently on a number of research projects. He was a passionate teacher and held positions with the Oriental Club of Toronto and the Canadian Society for Mesopotamian Studies. He will be fondly remembered by family, friends, students and colleagues. A memorial service will be held on Friday, January 19th at 12:30 p.m. at Bloor Street United Church, 300 Bloor Street West, Toronto. Memorial donations in memory of Doug may be made to The MS Society of Canada, 1-800-268-7582. https://mssociety.ca/
Published in the Toronto Star on Jan. 13, 2018
- Foster, B.R., Frayne, D. and Beckman, G.M., 2001. The Epic of Gilgamesh: A New Translation, Analogues. Criticism.
- Frayne, D.R., 1999. The Zagros Campaigns of Šulgi and Amar-Suena. SCCNH, 10, pp.141-201.
- Frayne, D.R., 1998. New light on the reign of Išme-Dagān. Zeitschrift für Assyriologie und vorderasiatische Archäologie, 88(1), pp.6-44.
- Frayne, D.R., 1997. On the location of Simurrum. Crossing Boundaries and Linking Horizons: Studies in Honor of Michael C. Astour, 243-269.
- Frayne, D.R., 1992. The early dynastic list of geographical names American Oriental Series. Vol. 74 Eisenbrauns.
- Frayne, D.R., 1992. The old Akkadian Royal Inscriptions: Notes on a New Edition. Journal of the American Oriental Society, 112(4), 619-638
- Frayne, D.R., 1989. A Struggle for Water: A Case Study from the Historical Records of the Cities Isin and Larsa (1900-1800 BC). Canadian Society for Mesopotamian Studies.
- Frayne, D.R., 1985. Notes on the sacred marriage rite. Bibliotheca orientalis, 42(1-2), 5-22.
- Frayne, D.R., 1983. Šulgi, the runner. Journal of the American Oriental Society, 739-748.