Table of Contents
Return to Year names
Year names of Rîm-Sîn (1-10)
1. mu dri-im-dsuen lugal
Year: "Rîm-Sîn (became) king"
2. mu e2-diškur ša3 larsaki-ma e2-dbara2-ul-e-gar-ra ša3 zar-bi-lumki ba-du3-a u3 urudaalan ARAD-dsuen lugal ša3 e2-gal-bar-ra-še3 i-ni-in-ku4-re
Year: "the temple of Adad in Larsa and the temple of Baraulegarra in Zarbilum were built (and) he (Rîm-Sîn) brought into (the temple) Egalbarra / the outer palace a statue in copper representing Warad-Sîn the king"
3. mu 4 urudaalan ku-du-ur-ma-bu-uk e2-dnanna-še3 i-ni-in-ku4-re u3 e2-dnin-mar-ki ša3 aš-dub-ba mu-un-du3-a
Year: "(Rîm-Sîn) brought 4 statues in copper representing Kudur-mabuk into the temple of Nanna and built the temple of Ninmarki in Ašdubba"
4. mu e2-dinanna e2-dnanna u3 e2-den-ki ša3 larsaki-ma ba-du3
Year: "the temples of Inanna, Nanna, and Enki were built in Larsa"
5. mu 2 urudaalan ku-du-ur-ma-bu-uk u3 1 uruduna-ru2-a e2-gal-bar-ra-še3 i-ni-in-ku4-re
Year: "(Rîm-Sîn) brought 2 statues in copper representing Kudur-mabuk and a stele in copper into (the temple) Egalbarra / the outer palace"
6. mu e2-dbara2-ul-e-gar-ra ša3 ud-nunki / adabki ba-du3 u3 alan ku3-sig17 dsuen-i-din-nam lugal larsaki-ma mu-na-an-dim2
Year: "the temple of Baraulegarra in Adab was built and (Rîm-Sîn) made a statue in gold representing Sîn-iddinam, king of Larsa"
7. mu abul 2-a-bi maš-gan2-šabraki ba-du3 u3 e a-ša3 ša3-tum2-ma 4 danna mu-un-si-ga
Year: "2 large gates were built in Maškan-šapir and (Rîm-Sîn) deepened an irrigation canal 4 miles long (to obtain) fields and pasture"
8. mu e2-den-ki ša3 uri2ki-ma u3 e2-dnin-e2-nim-ma ša3 e2-dnin-mar-ki mu-un-du3-a
Year: "(Rîm-Sîn) built the temple of Enki in Ur and the temple of Nin-enimma in E-ninmarki"
9. mu i7 lagaški zag a-ab-ba-še3 mu-un-ba-al-la2
Year: "(Rîm-Sîn) dug the Lagaš canal to the shore of the sea"
10. mu bad3 gal dutu-gar-ra / iškun-dšamaš gu2 i7 buranun-na mu-un-du3-a
Year: "(Rîm-Sîn) built the great city wall of Iškun-Šamaš on the bank of the Euphrates"
Year names of Rîm-Sîn (11-20)
11. mu 2 urudaalan šud3-šud3-de3 dri-im-dsuen e2-dutu-še3 i-ni-in-ku4-re
Year: "Rîm-Sîn brought 2 statues in copper (representing the king) in praying attitude into the temple of Šamaš"
12. mu nin-dingir-diškur ša3 imki / ennegiki ba-hun-ga2
Year: "the high-priestess of Adad in Karkar / Enegi was installed"
13a. mu bad3 gal iš-ku-un-dne3-iri11-gal mu-un-du3-a
Year: "(Rîm-Sîn) built the great city wall of 'Iškun-Nergal'"
13b. mu bad3 gal dne3-iri11-gal-gar-ra mu-un-du3-a
Year: "(Rîm-Sîn) built the great city wall of 'Iškun-Nergal'"
14. mu ugnim unuki i3-si-inki tin-tirki su-ti-umki ra-pi-qumki u3 irda-ne-ne lugal unuki-ga geštukul ba-an-sig3
Year: "the armies of Uruk, Isin, Babylon, Sutum, Rapiqum, and of Irdanene the king of Uruk were smitten with weapons"
15. mu ka-i7-daki u3 iriki na-za-ru-umki geštukul kalag-ga-ni-ta in-dab5-ba
Year: "(Rîm-Sîn) seized with his powerful weapon Pi-naratim and Nazarum"
16. mu i7-edin-na i7-he2-gal2-la zag a-ab-ba-še3 mu-un-ba-al-la2
Year: "(Rîm-Sîn) dug to the shore of the sea the canal of the steppe (called) 'id-hegal / the canal of abundance'"
17. mu bad3 gal im-gur-dgibil6 u3 iriki zi-ib-na-tumki geštukul kalag den-lil2 mu-un-na-sum-ma-ta in-dab5-ba
Year: "(Rîm-Sîn) seized the great fortification 'Imgur-Gibil / beloved of Gibil' and the city of Zibnatum with the help of the mighty weapon entrusted to him by Enlil"
18. mu iriki e2-šu-dsuen-na / bit-šu-dsin-na iriki u2-syar-pa-raki geštukul kalag-ga den-lil2 mu-un-na-sum-ma-ta u4 1-kam in-dab5-ba
Year: "(Rîm-Sîn) seized in 1 day the cities of Bit-Šu-Sîn and Uzarbara with the help of the strong weapon entrusted to him by Enlil"
19. mu i7-idigna i7-dingir-re-ne nam-he2 tum3 zag a-ab-ba-še3 mu-ba-al-la2 geššu-nir gal ku3-sig17 e2-dutu-še3 i-ni-in-ku4-re
Year: "(Rîm-Sîn) dug towards the shore of the sea the Tigris, the canal of the gods which brings abundance, and brought a great emblem in gold into the temple of Šamaš"
20. mu ki-sur-raki larsaki-ma-še3 mu-un-ku4-ra ba-an-dab5 geštukul kalag-ga den-lil2 mu-un-na-sum-ma-ta bad3ki mu-un-na-hul-a
Year: "Kisurra was seized and annexed to Larsa and (Rîm-Sîn), with the help of the strong weapon entrusted to him by Enlil, destroyed Durum (Der)"
Year names of Rîm-Sîn (20-30)
21. mu geštukul kalag-ga den-lil2 mu-un-na-sum-ma-ta unuki mu-un-hul-a eren2 a2-dah-bi šu-ne2 sa2 bi2-in-du11-ga egir nam-lu2-ulu3-bi šu-gar mu-un-gar-ra
Year: "(Rîm-Sîn) destroyed Uruk with the help of the strong weapon entrusted to him by Enlil and submitted the allied troops but spared the inhabitants (of Uruk)"
22. mu du11-ga zi-da an den-lil2 den-ki-ga-ta id2 ul-ta mu-bi nu sa4-a sipa zi dri-im-dsuen mu-ba-al-la2 id2-sikil-la mu-bi bi2-in-sa4-a iriki didli-be2-eš2 gan2 dagal-la bi2-in-dah-e
Year: "the righteous shepherd Rîm-Sîn under the just order of An, Enlil, and Enki dug a canal whose name was forgotten and called it 'id-sikil / the pure canal' adding large surfaces of land to the bordering cities"
23. mu du11-ga an den-lil2 den-ki-ga-ta i7 bu-ra-nun-na di4-lim-da ku3-ga dnanna-ta nesag tum3 e2-kur-ra-še3 nam-ti-la-ni-še3 sipa zi dri-im-dsuen ki unuki / larsaki-ta zag a-ab-ba-še3 mu-un-ba-al-la2 ša3 gu2-be2 a-gar3 dagal-la im-ta-e3-a gan2 zi-de3- dagal a du10 ša3 uri2ki-še3 im-mi-in-gar-ra
Year: "the righteous shepherd Rîm-Sîn under the order of An, Enlil, and Enki for his life dug from Uruk / Larsa towards the shore of the sea the Euphrates, the holy cup of Nanna, who brings the first fruits / the offerings / the presents to (the temple) Ekur, thus making available large areas of land on its banks, creating large surfaces of arable land, and providing sweet water to Ur"
24. mu du11-ga an den-lil2 den-ki-ga-ta i7 maš-tab-ba a nag un dagal-še3 gal2-la gu2 diri-a-bi he2-gal2 dašnan gar-gar-ra-am3 sipa zi dri-im-dsuen lu2 igi-gal2 tuk ban3-da-bi diri-ga zag a-ab-ba-še3 mu-un-ba-al-la2 a-gar3 didli-bi gan2 zi-de3-eš2 bi2-in-ku4-re
Year: "the righteous shepherd Rîm-Sîn, the wise whose youth is exuberant, dug under the order of An, Enlil, and Enki a double canal towards the shore of the sea, providing a large population with drinking water, producing a superabundance of harvest on its banks, and (he) changed (its banks) into many fields and arable lands"
25. mu a2 mah an den-lil2 den-ki-ga-ta iriki bad3 da-mi-iq-i3-li2-šu a2-dam zag šu-dab5-be i3-si-inki-ka sipa zi dri-im-dsuen in-dab5-ba šir3-šir3-ra lu2Xkar2-a ša3 larsaki-še3 bi2-in-ku4-re u4 ul-a-ta u3-ma-a-ni mu-un-gub-ba
Year: "the righteous shepherd Rîm-Sîn with the powerful help of An, Enlil, and Enki seized the city of Damiq-ilišu, brought its inhabitants who had helped Isin as prisoners to Larsa, and established his triumph greater than before"
26. mu inim-zi an den-lil2 den-ki-ga-ta id2 ul-ta ba-ra-gal2-la he2-gal2 tum3 larsaki-še3 sipa gi-na dri-im-dsuen mu-ba-al-la2 i7 nig2-si-sa2 mu-bi bi2-in-sa4-a pa bi2-in-e3-a
Year: "the true shepherd Rîm-Sîn under the righteous order of An, Enlil, and Enki dug a canal which was no longer in use, the one that brings abundance to Larsa, called it 'id-nisisa / the canal of righteousness' and made great his fame"
27. mu du11-ga an den-lil2 den-ki-ga-ta i7 gu3-nun-di ul-ta ba-ra-si-ga gan2 gi dagal-la gan2 zi nu gal2-la dri-im-dsuen sipa giš tuk kur gal-la igi a-ab-ba-še3 e da-ri2 in-si-ga gu2-bi-ta a-gar3 dagal-la im-ta-e3-a
Year: "Rîm-Sîn the shepherd who listens to the broad country, under the order of An, Enlil, and Enki, dug the canal 'that roars strongly', a canal which has not been dug since years, whose banks were covered with reeds, leaving no more arable land; he dug it permanently towards the shore of the sea and made available large areas of (arable) land"
28. mu du11-ga an den-lil2 den-ki-ga-ta bad3 zar-bi2-lum iri gu2-sag u4-na-me bad3-bi nu mu-un-du3-a dri-im-dsuen sipa un dagal-la-bi ki-bi-še3 bi2-in-gi4-a ki-dur2 ne-ha im-mi-in-dur2
Year: "Rîm-Sîn the true shepherd under the order of An, Enlil, and Enki built the wall of Zarbilum the main city, wall had not been built for a long time; (he) brought in a large population and provided them with a quiet resting place"
29a. mu a2 kalag an den-lil2 den-ki-ga-ta du-un-nu-umki iriki sag-mah i3-si-in-naki-ka sipa zi dri-im-dsuen u4-1-kam in-dab5-ba eren2 nam-gub-be2 šu-ni-še3 bi2-in-gar-ra nam-lu2-ulu3-bi ki-dur2-bi nu mu-un-kur2-ra
Year: "Rîm-Sîn the righteous shepherd with the help of the mighty strength of An, Enlil, and Enki seized in one day Dunnum the largest city of Isin and submitted to his orders all the drafted soldiers but he did not remove the population from its dwelling place"
29b. mu i3-si-in-na šu-ni ki-bi ib-[gar-ra]?
Year: "he submitted Isin"
30. mu geštukul mah an den-lil2 den-ki-ga-ta i3-si-inki iri nam-lugal-la u3 a2-dam didli-bi a-na-me-a-bi sipa zi dri-im-dsuen in-dab5-ba ugu un dagal-la-be2 šu nam-ti-la in-gar-ra mu nam-lugal-bi du-re2-še3 bi2-in-e3
Year: "Rîm-Sîn the true shepherd with the strong weapon of An, Enlil, and Enki seized Isin, the royal capital and the various villages, but spared the life of its inhabitants, and made great for ever the fame of his kingship"
Year names of Rîm-Sîn (30 onwards)
31. mu us2-sa / ki 2 geštukul i3-si-inki in-dab5-ba
Year after: "he seized Isin / year 2 (with) the weapon he seized Isin"
32. mu ki 3 i3-si-in-naki ba-an-dab5
"Year 3 Isin was seized"
thereafter, for years 33-60 (n = 4 to 31),
29+n. mu ki n i3-si-in-naki ba-an-dab5
"Year n Isin was seized"
(return to Rulers of Mesopotamia)