Return to Year names
Year names of Warad-Sîn
(return to Rulers of Mesopotamia)
1. mu ARAD-dsuen lugal
Year: "Warad-Sîn (became) king"
2. mu bad3 ka-zal-luki ba-an-gul u3 ugnim-bi mu-ti-ba-al ša3 larsaki geštukul ba-a-hub2 / ba-a-sig3
Year: "the city wall of Kazallu was destroyed and the army of Mutibal occupying Larsa was smitten by weapons"
3. mu 1(diš) urudualan ku3-sig17 ARAD-dsuen e2-dutu-še3 i-ni-in-ku4-re
Year: " (Warad-Sîn) brought into the temple of Šamaš one statue in gold representing himself"
4a. mu kisal-mah e2-dutu ša3 larsaki ba-du3 u3 gešgu-za bara2 mah zag-be2-us2 ku3-sig17 šu-du7-a e2-dinanna zabalamki i-ni-in-ku4-re
Year: "a large courtyard for the temple of Šamaš in Larsa was built and (Warad-Sîn) brought a magnificent throne dais with arms adorned with gold into the temple of Inanna of Zabalam"
4b. mu kisal-mah gi6-par4 ša3 larsaki mu-un-du3-a
Year: "a large courtyard for the gipar / "nunnery" in Larsa was built"
5. mu ga2-nun mah dnanna-ra u3 e2-kalam-ta-ni2-gur3-ru e2-dinanna zabalamki ba-du3
Year: "a magnificent storeroom for Nanna and the temple of Inanna in Zabalam (called) 'Ekalamtanigurru / the splendour of the temple (overwhelms) the country' were built"
6. mu 1(u) 4(diš) urudualan nibruki-še3 3(diš) gešgu-za šu-du7-a e2-dnanna e2-dnin-gal u3 e2-dutu-še3 i-ni-in-ku4-re
Year: "(Warad-Sîn) brought 14 statues in copper to Nippur and 3 thrones adorned (with gold) into the temples of Nanna, Ningal and Šamaš"
7. mu en-an-e-du7 en-dnanna uri2ki ba-hun-ga2
Year: "Enanedu was installed as en-priestess of Nanna in Ur"
8. mu kisal-mah e2-dnanna ba-du3 u3 2(diš) gešgu-za bara2 mah ku3-sig17 šu-du7-a e2-bara2-sze3 i-ni-in-ku4-re
Year: "the large courtyard of the temple of Nanna was built and 2 throne daises adorned with gold were brought into (the temple) Ebara"
9. mu alan ku3-sig17 ku-du-ur-ma-bu-uk ku3-sig17 šu-du7-a e2-dutu-sze3 i-ni-in-ku4-re
Year: "(Warad-Sîn) brought one golden statue adorned with gold! (representing) Kudur-mabuk into the temple of Šamaš"
10. mu bad3 gal uri2ki-ma ba-du3
Year: "the great city wall of Ur was built"
11. mu bad3 iri ki-sag-rig7ki ki-bi-eš2 bi2-in-gi4-a
Year: "the city wall of Šarrakum was restored"
12. mu e2-dnin-ga2-ug5-ga ša3 maš-gan2-šabraki ba-du3
Year: "the temple of Nin-gaug in Maškan-šapir was built"